kick bottled water - - drink tap, not bottled!
Kick Bottled Water Challenge
March 1 - March 31, 2022
In honor of World Water Day on March 22, 2022, Sustainable Tallahassee challenges YOU to kick your bottled water habit for good!
How to participate:
Use your reusable water bottle every day for the month of March to beat the challenge and get entered to win a prize pack!
Track your progress with our Water Bottle Tracker by filling in a bottle for every day that you go without using a single-use plastic bottle.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to get added to the special Kick Bottled Water mailing list!
How to Win:
Why Should I kick bottled water?
- Plastic water bottles can take over 1,000 years to biodegrade. Can you imagine the water bottle you took to the gym will still exist in 3022?
- Just because you put your water bottle in the recycling bin, does not mean it gets recycled. There are many barriers to actually having your recyclables get recycled...and it is likely that your water bottles just end up in the landfill.
- It is estimated that U.S. landfills have over 2 million tons of discarded water bottles.
- It takes 1.5 million+ barrels of oil to manufacture water bottles in the U.S. This does not include the amount of oil needed to transport water to the market.
- Approximately 3 liters of water are needed to package on liter of bottled water.
Greening our community articles
Moving Forward with a Water Wagon, June, 2017
Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose, Recycle!