2024 Board of Directors
Sustainable Tallahassee is now accepting applications for our 2024 Board of Directors! All are welcome to apply, especially if you have experience with any of the following: budgets & finance, fundraising, marketing & communications, membership development, project coordination, or writing (grants, policies, newsletters, etc.).
Active ST member in good standing
Mandatory attendance at Board meetings, special meetings, and the annual meeting
Personal financial support to ST (minimum of $25/month or $300/year)
Mandatory involvement with at least one (1) of the ST Committees
Active participation in ST activities (Green Drinks, Educational Programs, Events, etc.)
Recruitment of new individual and business members to the organization
Participation in fundraising activities
The Board generally meets the third Monday of each month in the evening. It is expected that all Board members will attend a new board member orientation, membership meetings, special meetings, and the annual meeting. Board members will also be required to actively participate in at least one (1) administrative committee; committees generally meet monthly.
In addition to the above, ST seeks those individuals who:
– Are dedicated to transforming Tallahassee into a model of sustainability through best practices in business, technology and living.
– Are ready, willing, and able to make the time commitment necessary to accomplish the goals of ST. Board members generally commit 15-20 hours per month to ST activities.
– Represent a cross-section from business, the arts, education, healthcare, government, science,
community service organizations, community volunteers, etc.
– Possess a desire to work with all segments of the local community.
– Are residents of Tallahassee or the surrounding area.
Sustainable Tallahassee encourages any interested person committed to our mission and with the ability
to meet the requirements to apply for the Board of Directors. Sustainable Tallahassee does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, religion / creed, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender, or
Applicants are selected on their own merit from written applications submitted to the ST
Nominating Committee (per ST Bylaws).
– Application forms are available and should be returned to ST offices. All materials are available in an alternative format upon request.
– The ST Nominating Committee, composed of five (5) ST members (per ST Bylaws), will review all applications received and make a determination as to selected applicants for a personal
– Applicants will be contacted by an ST board member for consideration on the slate of nominees presented to the ST membership at the Annual Meeting, or if vacancies occur during the year a special election may be called. Notification of Board member slate selections from the ST Nominating Committee will be made at least ten (10) days prior to the Annual Meeting (per ST Bylaws).
Those individuals considering making an application for a Board membership position are encouraged to attend ‘Green Drinks’ (which is held on the last Monday of each month), one of the ST Committee meetings, or contact a current Board member to learn more about our organization.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
To receive a paper application, contact us with your request at 850-597-9836 or admin@SustainableTallahassee.org.
The completed application should be returned via e-mail as a scanned document attachment to admin@SustainableTallahassee.org, or by postal mail to Sustainable Tallahassee, Inc., Post Office Box 765, Tallahassee, Florida 32302.